Re: wrong velocity in steered molecular dynamics

From: JC Gumbart (gumbart_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sat Apr 07 2007 - 18:38:16 CDT

Check that the reference coordinates in your SMDfile match those
being loaded initially (either coordinates or binCoordinates in case
you are restarting from a previous simulation). My bet is that they
are very different.

If you are not starting from time 0, then they shouldn't match;
instead, the real coordinate should be approximately v*t away from
the reference.