Re: can someone comment?

From: Cesar Avila (cavila_at_fbqf.unt.edu.ar)
Date: Sat Apr 07 2007 - 11:57:49 CDT

Dear Harish,
I would strongly recommend you to check CHARMM's forum for how to deal
with Zinc ions. There is a lot of ongoing work on how to properly treat
protein-bound zinc atoms on molecular mechanics forcefields. Keep in mind
that we are dealing with a simplified model for the system. Using only
nonbonded interactions to describe Zn's behaviour lead's to bad
geometries.
Regards
Cesar Avila