Re: uses of patches for changing the protonation states of residues

From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 26 2007 - 08:40:24 CST

Hi Nabajyoti,
is psfgen, you should always split your file up so you have one pdb file
for each chain. In this case, the errors you see occur because psfgen
tries to treat your heme as part of a protein chain, and can't find the
appropriate residues to bond it to the rest of the protein. You may also
want to avoid atom names that contain spaces in your heme; there's some
confusion over whether those atoms are named NA or N A.
Peter