RE: NAMD-L: question about harmonic constraints

From: Margaret Shun Cheung (mscheung_at_ipst.umd.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2006 - 12:54:57 CDT

Dear JC and NAMD users,
This is a follow-up of the question: how to put constaints on a
center-of-mass of several residues (e.g. group A) to a specific
coordinate (e.g. center of mass of group A: x,y,z) . Somehow this
syntax comes up. Please take a look,

urestraint{
{posi group (segnameA,1) to (segnameA, 10)} kf=20 ref=(x, y, z)
}

Does it make sense if used with SMD on (e.g. group B)?
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
Margaret