RE: problems reading large dcd file

From: Jorge Pikunic (jorge.pikunic_at_bioch.ox.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Jan 11 2006 - 09:06:59 CST

Hi Michel,

Gracias.

> Regarding the first question, you shouldn't have any problem at loading
> dcd files in either 32 or 64-bit machines. For example, I usually run my
It seems to be a problem with the NAMD implementation on AIX (see Joshua's
e-mail in this thread), which is used in the machine in which I ran the
simulations.

> Second, what do you mean with "recover" a part of the trajectory?
The resulting dcd files are unreadable by most programs that can read dcd
files. I was wondering if I can somehow recover the trajectories stored in
these files. I think that the answer is no, after a couple of replies that I
have received.

Thank you,

Jorge