New BioCoRE server released

From: Robert Brunner (rbrunner_at_uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 17 2005 - 12:00:16 CDT

The Theoretical and Computational Biophysics Group at the University of
Illinois is proud to announce the release of a completely new
incarnation of the Biological Collaborative Research Environment
(BioCoRE) Server software. BioCoRE is a tool-oriented web-based
collaborative environment where users create project groups and can then
share molecular views, messages, files, and more among the members of
their projects. BioCoRE is freely available for use and testing on the
Theoretical and Computational Biophysics Group's BioCoRE server and the
server software is distributed free of charge. Development is supported
by the NIH National Center for Research Resources.

The Theoretical and Computational Biophysics Group (TCBG) has been
developing the BioCoRE collaborative environment for several years and
has completely redesigned the interface and underlying code structure.
The new version of the server has a more modern look, previously
unavailable features, such as a poll/quiz generation module, and is
generally much more robust (particularly in the area of file sharing
among collaborators). This new version, which was previously only
available for testing on the TCBG's server, is now available for
installation at remote locations. Installation of a BioCoRE server
offers users potentially faster access and gives administrators
increased customizability.

BioCoRE Tour - Familiarize yourself with BioCoRE's features.
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/biocore/tour/

BioCoRE Test Server - The TCBG BioCoRE server is available for testing
and is always running the latest version. We encourage you to create and
test an account on our server before installing your own server.
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/biocore/

Server Software Download - For installing your own server.
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/biocore/localServer/

The TCBG encourages BioCoRE users and server administrators to be
closely involved in the development process through reporting bugs,
contributing fixes, periodical surveys and via other means. Questions or
comments may be directed to biocore_at_ks.uiuc.edu.

We are eager to hear from you, and thank you for using our software!

The BioCoRE Team