Re: Trajectory file.

From: Gianluca Interlandi (gianluca_at_bioc.unizh.ch)
Date: Fri May 13 2005 - 16:39:37 CDT

You cannot simply "open" DCD files because they are saved in a binary and
not ASCII format. You can read DCD files for example with VMD. For that
you need to download and install VMD and then run

        vmd file.pdb file.dcd

where "file.pdb" is a reference pdb-file and "file.dcd" is the produced
trajectory. After doing that with VMD you can also save single frames from
your trajectory as pdb-files where you will also see arabic numbers.

Best, Gianluca

On Sat, 14 May 2005, Boyang Wang wrote:

> Hi all. I have saved about 80 restart files in a queue. I also have the relative DCD files.
> But I don't know how to read all the coordinates in the DCD files. I just want to know the movement of some special part of the atoms in the simulation.
> Does anyone know how to open DCD file? I opened them before but it didn't show arabic numbers but showed some weird code that was not readable.
> Thanks.
> Boyang.
> Univ, Illinois, Chicago.

Gianluca Interlandi gianluca_at_bioc.unizh.ch
                    +41 (0) 1 635 55 93
                    +41 (0)79 655 73 35
                    http://biocroma.unizh.ch/gianluca/

PhD-Student of the Department of Biochemistry
at the University of Zurich Irchel, Switzerland