Re: about *.psf

From: Alessandro Pedretti (alessandro.pedretti_at_unimi.it)
Date: Fri May 27 2005 - 05:30:10 CDT

The CHARMM force field is especially designed for proteins and nucleic
acids. For the small molecules it doesn't contain the parameters for all
atom types. For this reason VEGA ZZ includes some CHARMM templates:

CHARMM -> specific for small molecules and generic use. It requires the
MSI/Accelrys parameter file.
CHARMM22_PROT -> for protein only.
CHARMM22_NA -> for nucleic acid only.
CHARMM22_LIPID -> for lipid (e.g. membrane).

For a non-protein molecule, you could use the CHARMM template, but you need
the MSI/Accelrys parameter file because it includes more atom types then the
standard parameter files (e.g. par_all22_prot.inp).
Best regards

Alessandro Pedretti