Re: problem running namd

From: Jerry Ebalunode (jebalunode_at_UH.EDU)
Date: Mon Apr 04 2005 - 14:15:19 CDT

Hi,
could you run the following command, first on the node where you compiled and
and later on the other bigger machine tell us your output
ldd /path/to/namd2-altix

Likely the runtime libraries supporting this binary on the bigger machine are
different to those were you complied namd2 on. Possible fix is to recompile
namd2 on the bigger machine.

On Monday 04 April 2005 11:18 am, Michel Espinoza-Fonseca wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I compiled NAMD on an Altix machine. The executable ran very well and
> perform very good. I was really excited about running namd in a bigger
> machine, but when I sent the job I got the following message:
>
> Charm++> MPI timer is synchronized!
> Info: NAMD 2.5 for Linux-ia64
> Info:
> Info: Please visit http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/
> Info: and send feedback or bug reports to namd_at_ks.uiuc.edu
> Info:
> Info: Please cite Kale et al., J. Comp. Phys. 151:283-312 (1999)
> Info: in all publications reporting results obtained with NAMD.
> Info:
> Info: Based on Charm++/Converse 0143163 for mpi-linux-ia64-ifort-mpt-icc
> Info: Built Thu Mar 10 18:04:44 CST 2005 by espinoza on balt
> Info: Sending usage information to NAMD developers via UDP. Sent data is:
> Info: 1 NAMD 2.5 Linux-ia64 18 altix.msi.umn.edu espinoza
> ./namd2-altix: relocation error: ./namd2-altix: undefined symbol:
> _Locksyslock MPI: MPI_COMM_WORLD rank 0 has terminated without calling
> MPI_Finalize() MPI: aborting job
>
> And of course the job just crashed. I also executed it without a input
> file, in order to test the binary, and I got the same problem. Do you have
> any suggestions on how can I solve the problem? Do I need to recompile
> namd?
>
> Thank you very much!
> Peace
> Michel

"No trees were killed in the posting of this message. However a large number
of electrons were terribly inconvenienced..."
Marcos Topete