Re: CCL:where to find the force field parameters for F and P atom?

From: Joey Harriman (s808o_at_unb.ca)
Date: Fri Dec 12 2003 - 09:22:15 CST

Hi,

If you are doing an MD in amber7 you can make a force field modification file including
the missing parameters. You could try to get these parameters from a variety of
different sources. The best of course would be to run the ab initio calculations to
get these values. As a less expensive solution you could try to get the parameters
from gaff (in Amber 7) or from a molecular mechanics program such a macromodel that is
well parametrized. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Joey

Quoting yxiong_at_mail.ccnu.edu.cn:

> Dear sir,
> I want to do a MD calculation with the system including F and P atom. However I
> can't find these relevant parameters in AMBER or CHARMM force field parameters. If
> you can give me some suggestions or clues on where I can find them, I will be very
> appreciated your help!
>

> -= This is automatically added to each message by the mailing script =-
> To send e-mail to subscribers of CCL put the string CCL: on your Subject: line
> and send your message to: CHEMISTRY_at_ccl.net
>
> Send your subscription/unsubscription requests to: CHEMISTRY-REQUEST_at_ccl.net
> HOME Page: http://www.ccl.net | Jobs Page: http://www.ccl.net/jobs
>
> If your mail is bouncing from CCL.NET domain send it to the maintainer:
> Jan Labanowski, jkl_at_osc.edu (read about it on CCL Home Page)

Joey Harriman
MSc Computational Chemistry
University of New Brunswick
Room 228