Re: Help! unstable simulation.

From: Alexandre Vakhrouchev (vav_at_udman.ru)
Date: Fri Dec 12 2003 - 03:16:55 CST

Hi!

First of all look at the output of your psfgen script (it is attached as 'pfs.log').
You have some errors while loading coors from *.pdb files and when
you apply patch (I'm not familar with these error, perhaps other persons
can explain them more extensively).

So, in my point of view, these errors couse than not all coors in protein.pdb file
are set properly, and some atoms are to close too eache other. When minimization
is finished, those atoms are pushed away too fast, that's why namd session crahes.

I'm also intrested in solving this problem, because when i provided coors only for
a number of atoms in residue, and other coors were guessed, my simulation crashed
(guessed atoms were too close). Minimization didn't help in this case.
I solved this error by providing coors for all atoms,
depending on Rmin/2 values (from Van-der-Waals force field parametres), but i had to
write additional programm.

Are there more elegant solutions? Depending on what principles psfgen provides guessed
coordinates???

Thanks,

Alex