biocore-l: Recent changes to the TCB BioCoRE Server

From: Kirby Vandivort (kvandivo_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 14 2003 - 10:37:15 CST

It's been a while since I've sent one of these out, but I wanted to
acquaint everyone with some of the recent changes to the main BioCoRE
server here in the TCB group. Some of these changes haven't made their
way into the server download yet, as we use our main server for testing
new changes before they are unleashed upon the world.

* There is a new version of the VMD/BioCoRE tool that streamlines usage
  quite a bit. We have redesigned the interface so that it is quite
  easy to publish views to BioCoRE and if you haven't tried it out before
  we encourage you to do so.

* WebDAV is becoming more and more polished within BioCoRE. WebDAV is
  a technology that lets you "mount" the BioFS (BioCoRE's shared filesystem)
  onto your local computer so that it looks just like a normal folder
  on your hard drive. This is a really slick feature that we highly
  invite you to use.

More information on both of these features is available under the
"Documentation" heading on the BioCoRE homepage at

   http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/biocore/

Additional changes are described in the change log, located at

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/biocore/announce/changeLog.shtml

--
Kirby Vandivort                      Theoretical and
Senior Research Programmer            Computational Biophysics