Fundraiser for Kim Hubbard and Flores Family!

From: Muge Dizen (mdizen@GMAIL.COM)
Date: Tue Jan 31 2012 - 21:25:03 CST

    As most of you already know, Kim Hubbard, who is a friend, a long-time
    salsera of Champaign-Urbana salsa scene, a CUATSALSA instructor, and the
    host of CUATSALSA Latin Dance Night, has lost her sister Wendy Flores,
    unexpectedly in December 2011. She assumed the responsibility of her
    nephews and niece; Julian (13), Jessica (16), and Carlos (19), and is going
    through the legal proceedings for their legal guardianship. Given the
    gravity of this situation, and also due to the fact that she has been
    unemployed, we have tried to support her with fundraisers, and a variety of
    functional help like meal drop-offs, help with moving, etc.

    CUATSALSA hosted a fundraiser back in December 2011. Around the same time,
    several other friends, Douglas Lane (DJ Delayney), Bris Mueller Garces, and
    Juan Miguel Atkinson, had also taken the lead on having a separate
    fundraiser event at a salsa night at Radio Maria. Given that we had the
    holidays in December and the winter break, we held off on the Radio Maria
    fundraiser till now and have scheduled it for this Saturday!

    Radio Maria has agreed to donate the proceeds from the door ($5 cover) to
    Hubbard-Flores Fund! In addition to this, we are also going to have a
    separate donation box available for whoever would like to contribute that
    night and some cards and envelops for people to write Kim and the kids
    messages if they would like.

    I personally have been, and still am, amazed how responsive and sympathetic
    our community has been to Kim’s situation and would like to thank to each
    and every one of you for your support and help!

    Please join us this Saturday, and help us raise more funds for Kim and the
    kids as you can imagine she has undertaken a huge responsibility that
    requires means!!!

    You can read about her story at: http://www.hubbard-flores.org/

    Facebook Event for the fundraiser is at:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/159221274192221/

    We also formed a Facebook Update and Support Group about her and the kids
    that I use to update everyone about her and the kids:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/316803731674643/

    Please help spread the word for this by inviting your friends to this
    event.

    --
    Mügé Dizén, Ph.D.
    Clinical Psychologist