Beginner Argentine Tango course starts Thursday at Phillips Center

From: Tango Society of Central Illinois (tango.society@GMAIL.COM)
Date: Tue Aug 31 2010 - 16:05:22 CDT

    Want to learn something different? Argentine Tango is a unique dance
    that combines creative improvisation, expressive interpretation of the
    music, and a special connection between partners. Ron & Susana teach
    the tango danced in Argentina and have trained hundreds of competence
    Argentine Tango dancers (some of whom have even danced in the dance
    salons of Buenos Aires).

    Starting this week:

    Foundations of Tango
    Thursdays 8-9:30 PM
    Sept 2 - Oct 7 (6 weeks)
    No partner or experience required
    Cost: $50 / $40 students ($10 rebate in class)
    at the Phillips Recreation Center
    505 W Stoughton, Urbana

    To register: Call 367-1544 (credit card only) or go to the Phillips
    Center between 8 AM - 6 PM. Registration is also possible before class
    on Thursday, space permitting.

    Ron & Susana have been dancing tango since 1998 and teaching tango
    since 2001. They travel to Buenos Aires every year to study with the
    masters of tango. Their classes are a lot of fun and their students
    learn how to dance. The Tango Society of Central Illinois hosts
    milongas (tango social dances) about 15 times per year at the Phillips
    Center and elsewhere. Our Phillips Center milongas are held in a
    casual tango cafe atmosphere, which facilitates social interaction. We
    are a friendly group of people of diverse backgrounds (ages,
    ethnicities and natural origins) we and always welcome newcomers.

    For more information, check out our website:

    http://www.centraltango.com

    We look forward to seeing you on Thursday.

    Ron Weigel & Susana Vazquez Weigel
    Instructors