Sat Mar 13: Tango Society Milonga at the Phillips Center

From: Ron Weigel (RonWeigel@AOL.COM)
Date: Wed Mar 10 2004 - 08:34:52 CST

    This Saturday March 13 the Tango Society of Central Illinois is hosting
    another milonga at the Phillips Recreation Center (505 W Stoughton, Urbana). The
    milonga is from 9-12 PM and costs $5.

    Prior to the milonga, starting at 7:30 PM, Ron & Susana Weigel are teaching a
    lesson entitled "Introduction to Improvisation in Tango". This lesson will
    focus on recognizing the possibilities for subsequent steps at several common
    positions encountered in tango. It is a preview of the approach taken in the
    courses "Intermediate Tango: Navigation & Improvisation" and "Advanced Tango:
    Advanced Navigation & Improvisation" which start Mon Mar 29 and Wed Mar 31,
    respectively (i.e., immediately after U of I Spring Break). The lesson costs $7,
    and includes admission to the milonga.

    Join us for the lesson and milonga. Once again there will be some great music
    for dancing and a lot of good partners to dance with. Attendance has been
    booming in recent months. We look forward to seeing you.

    Ron & Susana

    For further information, consult the Tango Society website:
    WWW.CENTRALTANGO.COM