Sat Feb 7 - Milonga at Phillips Center w/ Special Music Program

From: Ron Weigel (RonWeigel@aol.com)
Date: Fri Feb 06 2004 - 02:29:43 CST

    REMINDER

    This Saturday Feb 7 the Tango Society of Central Illinois is hosting a
    milonga at the Phillips Center (505 W Stoughton, Urbana) from 9-12 PM. The cost is
    $5.

    We will have a special music program for the milonga, consisting entirely of
    contemporary tango dance music from Buenos Aires. In Buenos Aires these
    orchestras are well known, although few are known outside Buenos Aires. During our
    recent trip there, it was a delight to discover all this contemporary tango
    music for dancing and on Saturday we will share our discoveries with you. Be
    prepared for a very special music program. Come early to hear the entire program.

    Prior to the milonga, we are offering an introductory tango lesson (cost =
    $7, includes admission to the milonga). Students taking this lesson can still
    join our Fundamentals of Tango class which has its 2nd of 6 classes on Monday
    Feb 9 (8:30-10 PM at the Phillips Center, cost = $36).

    We look forward to seeing you on Saturday.

    Ron & Susana

    Tango Society website: WWW.CENTRALTANGO.COM