Sat Sept 13: Workshops (Milonga Traspie) Fred/Yermen Romero

From: Ron Weigel (RonWeigel@AOL.COM)
Date: Mon Sep 08 2003 - 19:55:46 CDT

    The Tango Society of Central Illinois is pleased to announce that Fred &
    Yermen Romero are returning to Champaign-Urbana this Saturday Sept 13 as part of
    their continuing committment to provide high quality expert tango instruction
    to our growing and developing tango community.

    This semester Fred & Yermen will visit on the 2nd Saturday of each month. On
    each visit there will be a theme to the workshops. This series of workshops
    can provide an excellent continuing tango education from expert instructors.

    This Saturday the 2 workshops will be on Milonga Traspie, i.e., the use of
    double time rhythms in Milonga.

    5:00 - 6:30 PM - Milonga Traspie 1
    - Definition, musicality, technique, and basic patterns of Milonga Traspie.

    6:45 - 8:15 PM - Milonga Traspie 2
    - Advanced patterns, including improvisation.

    Cost: $20 ($15 for students) for 1 workshop, $35 ($25 for students) for 2

    Location: Phillips Recreation Center - 505 W Stougton, Urbana

    For information on future Romero workshops, consult our website: <A HREF="WWW.CENTRALTANGO.COM">
    WWW.CENTRALTANGO.COM</A>

    A limited number of private lesson are available Saturday afternoon before
    the workshops at $60/hr. These are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.

    We look forward to seeing you on Saturday.

    Ron & Susana