Sat Sept 6: Milonga w/ Beginner Tango Lesson at Phillips Center

From: Ron Weigel (RonWeigel@AOL.COM)
Date: Thu Sep 04 2003 - 09:20:27 CDT

    This Saturday Sept 6, from 9-12 PM the Tango Society of Central Illinois is
    hosting its first milonga of the Fall session at the Phillips Recreation Center
    (505 West Stoughton, Urbana). The cost is $5.

    There is a special music program for the milonga. The music program that
    consists entirely of modern tango music, i.e., music recorded after 1955, the
    approximate end of the Golden Age of Tango. This music is all high fidelity and
    much of it is adventurous. It also includes a tanda of tangos by Piazzolla that
    is danceable (i.e., has a clear rhythm at a moderate tempo).

    Prior to the milonga, at 7:30 PM, Ron and Susana are giving an Introductory
    Tango Lesson. The cost is $7 and includes admission to the milonga. Please tell
    your friends who are potential tangueros about this.

    We look forward to seeing you Saturday, when many tango friends will embrace
    each other again after a long summer absence.

    Ron & Susana

    For complete information on activities of the Tango Society of Central
    Illinois, consult our website: <A HREF="WWW.CENTRALTANGO.COM">WWW.CENTRALTANGO.COM</A>