Dressing up at the Regent

From: Halvorson, Jonathan A (UMC-Student) (jaha82@MIZZOU.EDU)
Date: Sat May 10 2003 - 06:50:00 CDT

    Dear University of Illinois Ballroom Dance Team

         Normally as the state coordinator for USABDA, I just listen in on webring and read everyone's message so I know what is going on, have an opportunity to congratulate your new officers *who from what I hear will do a great job*, and keep track of the dance scene in Champaign for anyone who inquires. However, I feel this definitly warrants a response. The Regent is A TOP NOTCH FACILITY that students in both the states that I am the coordinator for would LOVE to have. It constantly provides a great floor, excellent music, and truly supports the UIUC dance team from all my previous indications. I know that sometimes we have a dressy t shirt and it does get hot out on the dance floor, but please please please try to understand where they are coming from on this. As John Stone so nicely put it, there are other places you can go out dancing and wear a t-shirt. So please continue to support the Regent, because you are extremly lucky to have something that is so nice.

    Best

    Jon Halvorson
    USABDA State Coordinator
    Illinois and Missouri