Results from Chicago Crystal Ball comp released on the web

From: charles joseph smith (cjsmith2@students.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 11:58:27 CDT

    The results from the Chicago Crystal Ball have arrived!

    I competed with Michele in this first major ballroom comp of our
    lives. (We danced in it on June 15 of this year.)
    Specifically, look at Heat no. 494, in the Amateur American Rhythm Open
    Championship. We competed with only one couple, Tom Hayes and Carolyn
    Hayes (#200). We (I and my partner Michele) were #247. In the end,
    we got first place in all
    dances--a first not just for me--but for Michele as well!

    Former Dancing Illini regulars Andrew and Michelle Tate did very, very
    well! They were couple #234. They won first place in the

    Amateur Open International Latin 5-Dance Scholarship (heat 355), and
    Amatuer Open International Latin 5-Dance Championship (heat 356).

    They placed first in all 5 dances in the two categories.

    The Tates also got second place in the

    Amateur International Standard Open Championship (heat 462), placing
    second in all dances.

    You can see the results on: http://www.chicagocrystalball.com.
    Charles Joseph Smith
    URH, 101 Daniels Hall, 1010 W. Green St., #101
    Urbana, IL 61801-3097
    cjsmith2@uiuc.edu
    (217)332-2143
    http://www.students.uiuc.edu/~cjsmith2/Charles_Home_Page.html