Competition Corner---Notre Dame Update

From: Tanja Hodges (incognita1@HOTMAIL.COM)
Date: Mon Apr 29 2002 - 16:32:49 CDT

    Hello Everyone,

    I just wanted to thank you all for another great year and give you the low down on the final competition of the semester. On April 20th we participated in the Notre Dame Invitational Competition. It was an intimate competition, and a load of fun.

    Below you’ll find a listing of our club members who placed in the individual dances. (Since the groups were small they combined Advanced and Beginner dancers, and split the whole group into A and B categories. There were generally 11-14 couples in each preliminary round.)

    Waltz

    2nd

    Mike & Leigh

    Waltz

    3rd (tie)

    Tanja & Lisa

    Waltz

    3rd (tie)

    Jeff & Carolyn

    Foxtrot

    1st

    Mike & Leigh

    Tango

    2nd

    Mike & Leigh

    Tango

    3rd

    Tanja & Lisa

    Quickstep

    1st

    Mike & Leigh

    Viennese Waltz

    2nd

    Jeff & Leigh

    Viennese Waltz

    3rd

    Mike & Lisa

    Foxtrot

    2nd

    Jeff & Emily

    Tango

    2nd

    Charles & Michele

    Tango

    3rd

    Jeff & Emily

    Quickstep

    1st

    Jeff & Lisa

    Cha Cha

    2nd

    Leigh & Mike

    Cha Cha

    3rd

    Lisa & Tanja

    Rumba

    2nd

    Leigh & Mike

    Swing/Jive

    1st

    Leigh & Mike

    Swing/Jive

    3rd

    Lisa & Tanja

    Samba

    2nd

    Lisa & Mike

    Mambo

    1st

    Leigh & Mike

    Mambo

    3rd

    Tanja & Jeff

    Cha Cha

    1st

    Ji & Greg

    Rumba

    1st (tie)

    Lisa & Tanja

    Rumba

    1st (tie)

    Ji & Jeff

    Rumba

    3rd

    Emily & Greg

    Samba

    1st

    Jen (from Mizzou) & Jeff

    Mambo

    1st

    Lisa & Jeff

    Open

    Jack & Jill Rumba/Jive

    1st

    Mike and Lena from ?

    Open

    J &J R/J

    2nd

    Jeff & Leigh

    Open

    J& J R/J

    3rd

    Carolyn & 177

    Open

    Nightclub

    2 –step

    2nd

    Lisa & Mike

    Open

    NC 2-step

    3rd

    Leigh & Jeff

    Open

    Salsa

    2nd

    Jeff & Leigh

    Open

    Salsa

    3rd

    Mike & Lisa

    Open

    Merengue

    2nd

    Lisa & Mike

    Open

    Hustle

    1st

    Mike & Leigh

    Open

    West Coast Swing

    1st

    Mike & Leigh

    Open

    WCS

    2nd

    Greg & Lisa

    Open

    WCS

    3rd

    Jeff & Tanja

    The Dancing Illini came in Second in the team match. Our DI Team consisted of:

    Waltz - Carolyn and Jeff

    Tango – Mike and Leigh

    Cha Cha – Greg and Emily

    Swing/Jive – Lisa and Tanja

    Some of our people also helped complete another team ( 4 girls and some guys). They tied for 3rd doing

    Waltz – Couple 177 from Chicago

    Tango - Charles and Michele

    Cha Cha – Charles and Ji

    Swing/Jive – Amy and the Guy from 177

    So, we all brought home some ribbons and had a terrific time.

    Hopefully you’ll be able to join us for the fun this Fall at our very own competition on October 19th .

    Have a good summer, and happy dancing!

    Tanja Hodges--- Competition Chair