West Coast Swing in Madison, WI

From: Tania Banak (tbanak@CHORUS.NET)
Date: Wed Feb 27 2002 - 16:08:33 CST

    Like to learn more west coast swing? And get a chance to dance it as
    well?

    Then plan to make a road trip to Madison, WI on March 8-10th, when the
    Madison West Coast Swing Club will
    sponsor Kyle Redd & Sarah Vann Drake, one of the hottest WCS dance
    couples in the US. They've won several US
    Open and Grand National championships, and are one of the most
    sought-after instructional couples in swing.

    You'll get both cool moves plus lots of technique at these workshops,
    taught in an entertaining way. And Saturday nite, Kyle & Sarah will
    join the Madison West Coast Swing Club at our Saturday-night dance at
    the Sapphire, 4802 E. Washington, Madison (just south of I-90/94 on Hwy.
    151, next to the EconoLodge), 8 pm - 12:30 am, $7 admission includes $1
    ticket redeemable toward drinks at the bar. All workshops are at the
    Sapphire also.

    Schedule privates (all day Friday thru Sunday) by contacting Crystal at
    crydance@yahoo.com

    Saturday, March 9
    12:30-1:30 pm
    Getting Whip Fundamentals DOWN COLD! (all levels)

    2-3 pm
    Whip Variations That Snap and Sing! (Adv. Beg/Int)

    3:30-4:30 pm
    Dancing to Slow Music (all levels)

    Sunday, March 10
    11am-12 pm
    West Coast Swing Kyle & Sarah Style (all levels)

    1-2 pm
    Timing, Teamwork & Technique (all levels)

    2:30-3:30 pm
    Social Swing (all levels)

    Cost: $13 per workshop for member/sister clubs; $16 non-members
    (Dancing Illini count as sister club members!)
    Discount if you take all 6 workshops: $70 members/$90 non-members

    To sign up, come to the workshops 20 minutes before they begin with cash
    or checks payable to the "Madison West
    Coast Swing Club." Workshops will be held at the Sapphire, 4802 E.
    Washington, Madison, Wisconsin.

    From 1-90, exit at Hwy. 151 South (towards Madison). Take the first
    right turn onto the frontage road after you get off
    the highway. Sapphire is just north of the Econo Lodge. Please, no
    food or drink carry-ins allowed.

    For more information, call our hotline at 608-222-7750 or Tania at
    608-278-1093.

    Happy dancing!