tango news from joe

From: joe grohens (joe@WOLFRAM.COM)
Date: Fri Jul 13 2001 - 03:44:31 CDT

Dear dancers,

Please bear in mind. Your refrigerator door may like this.

______________
Saturday 14 July - Dance at Tango Nada Mas (Chicago)
Directions: see http://www.tangonadamas.com/

A good time to go to Chicago for Tango Dancing. Our dear friend Christine
Gozdziak is celebrating her birthday there.

______________
Sunday 15 July - Tango Practica at Erwin's.
8-10pm

This will be a regular thing each Sunday -- with a few exceptions which we
will announce.
No cover charge. Our sincere thanks to Erwin for providing the space.

Contact me if you need a ride.
Joe - 328-1008, joe@wolfram.com

Directions to Erwin's:
. Take Prospect North past Interstate 74
. Turn left on Marketview
. Turn left on Anthony Drive (frontage road)
. Turn right on Campbell drive
. Turn right on Curt drive
. Erwin's house is at the end of Curt drive on the left side (No. 1314)

______________
Saturday 21 July - Tango Dance at Illini Union Room A

7:30 - Lesson w. Ron and Susana
8:30 - 11:30 Dancing

Free Admission.

______________
Monday 23 July - Tango + Salsa at Mike and Molly's

7 pm - Brian Boyd, Spanish guitar
8 pm - Tango dancing
10 pm - Salsa dancing

In the beer garden at Mike and Molly's -- near University and Market St. in
downtown Champaign
Dancing Tango outdoors on a summer night is hard to top.

Nota bene: I have told some people this would happen Monday July 16, but
that was incorrect.

______________
Tuesday 24 July - Tango workshop at Illini Union, Illini Room A (first floor)

Topic: Turns
Instructors: Joe and Carlota
Fee: $8/person

A class class dedicated to one thing -> cool ways to do turns to the left
and right.

Nota bene: At our last class there was some question about the date for
this class. I'm setting the record straight here.

Friday 27 July - Tango + Salsa at the Regent

11 pm Tango
11:30 Salsa