Up: Tcl Text Commands
Change various aspects of the graphical display window. For
information about the options, see the section describing the
- update: Force the display update. Makes sense if the display
update is off. This does not necessarily take care of resizing the
display window or using the Forms GUI while the display update is turned off.
- update on: Turn display update on.
- update off: Turn display update off. By default VMD does the
display updates constantly. Sometimes it is beneficial to turn the turn
the display updates off. This prevents VMD from redrawing the scene
as a response to every change, thus saving time while doing changes of
representations. See the VMD script library for examples of use.
- update status: Return the display update status (on or off).
- update ui: Similar to display update, but also forces
updates of the GUI forms. The Forms interface is subject to the
following behavior: if the display update is set to off and
actions (such as, e.g., iconify/deiconify)
have been performed to the Forms, the Form windows do not get updated
by just display update command, whereas display update ui
forces both updates to happen. Tk does not seem to have this problem,
so this option will become obsolete after switching to Tk graphics user
- resetview: Reset the view.
- eyesep value: Set the eye separation to value.
- focallength value: Set the focal length to value.
- height value: Set the screen height to value.
- distance value: Set the screen distance to value.
- resize valueX valueY: Set the size of the
display window to valueX valueY. Note that this
option currently works only with X11 versions of VMD.
- reposition valueX valueY: Set the position of
the upper-left corner of the display window to valueX
valueY pixels from the lower-left corner of the screen. Note that
this option currently works only with X11 versions of VMD.
- antialias < on | off >: Turn
antialiasing on or off.
- culling < on | off >: Turn backface culling on or off.
- depthcue < on | off >: Turn depth cueing on or off.
- projection < perspective | orthographic >: Set the projection mode to mode.
- rendermode < Normal | AlphaBlend | GLSL >: Set the rendering mode to mode.
This parameter allows the use of various OpenGL extensions to implement
alpha-blended transparency, or programmable shading for higher quality
molecular graphics. The default rendering mode does not enable these
features since they significantly alter the rendering and performance
characteristics of VMD when they are enabled.
- stereo mode: Set the stereo mode to mode.
- nearclip < set | add > value: Add or set near clipping plane position to it value.
- farclip < set | add > value: Add or set far clipping plane position to value.
- get < eyesep | focallength | height |
distance | antialias | depthcue |
culling | rendermode | size | stereo |
projection | nearclip | farclip >:
Return the current value of the requested option.
- get < rendermodes | stereomodes | projections |
details >: Return a list of the available values for the given
(See section 4.4.6 and
for more information.)
- fps < on | off >: Turn frames-per-second
indicator on or off.
Up: Tcl Text Commands