From: Eduard Schreiner (eduard.schreiner_at_rub.de)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2006 - 08:20:54 CDT

On Thursday 05 October 2006 12:20, Enzo Vitale wrote:
> Dear VMDers,
>
> is it possible to add new atoms to a given molecule from the TCL interface?
>
> In particular, I would very much like to have some of the periodic replicas
> of a molecule (those drawn by the 'Periodic' tab in the 'Graphical
> Representations'
> window) becoming part, together with the original atoms, of a new
> bigger molecule.
>
> Any suggestion ?
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Enzo

Hey Enzo,

you could calculate the positions of the periodic replica with
the moveby command, save these as xyz files, merge the files
outside of vmd, and load it as a new molecule.
Might be i.m wrong but in vmd itself i think there is no possibility.

eddi

Eduard Schreiner                     e-mail: eduard.schreiner_at_theochem.rub.de
Lehrstuhl fuer Theoretische Chemie          Phone: ++49 (0)234/32-22121
Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum - NC 03/52         Fax:   ++49 (0)234/32-14045
D-44780 Bochum                              http://www.theochem.rub.de