Re: eFieldNormalized

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Dec 04 2021 - 14:09:38 CST

Part of the info that you're asking to clarify is not correct.

The second of the two links that you shared is the *documentation* of the
electric keywords, i.e. it is not a tutorial with a pre-cooked input that
you may copy and paste for your pruse. Here's the updated one for 2.14:
https://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/2.14/ug/node42.html
Just because the eFieldNormalized keyword is listed in the manual, it
doesn't mean that you must necessarily add it to your input. It is there
for you to read what that keyword does, and then decide whether it's needed
based on the specifics of your scientific question.

Do you want to specify a constant field, or a constant potential drop
between the edges of the unit cell? That's essentially what that keyword
is asking. That decision is up to you.

Giacomo