Re: QMMM convergence/optimization issues in CHCL3 solvent

From: Francesco Pietra (chiendarret_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 23 2021 - 14:32:04 CST

Hi Mariano
Thanks for answering. Yes, this is a QM/MM of my organic molecule (QM) in
explicit CHCl3 (MM)

Now I removed both Opt and CPCM from the qmConfigLine. What happened is
like I described before, viewed with VMD from the QMonly dcd.

This corresponds to an explosion of the molecule, when the last ORCA
Cartesian coordinates are viewed with Jmol.

Still not clear to me why the different results from running QM with ORCA
in a continuum CPCM or QMMM with NAMD-ORCA in explicit CHCl3

francesco