REST2 soluteScalingFactor fluctuating between runs

From: Ethan Croitoru (ecroitoru1_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 02 2021 - 17:21:17 CDT

Hi all,

I am running a REST2 simulation and am trying to get a uniform distribution
for the exchange rates between replicas. To do so I am hard coding the
soluteScalingFactor for each replica and I realized that the
soluteScalingFactor was fluctuating between runs for each replica (looking
at the log file for each replica and seeing what it is setting the
soluteScalingFactor to for each run that has a non-zero number of steps). I
am hard coding the scoluteScalingFactor so I am confused as to why there
are fluctuations, any clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ethan Croitoru