Re: Does CHARMM-GUI Drude-Prepper input generator work for MD simulation of carbon nanotubes?

From: Michael Robinson (michael.robinson1_at_monash.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 28 2021 - 20:57:29 CDT

Hi Zeynab,

I'm unfamiliar with the application of MD to carbon nanotubes, but I just
want to add that you no longer need to use CHARMM or CHARMM-GUI to generate
a Drude FF .psf file. Psfgen 2.0 was released last year, and can handle
structure preparation for the Drude force field in basically the same way
as a classical force field - see the latest user's guide:
https://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/psfgen/ug.pdf.

Psfgen 2.0 comes bundled with the latest alphas of VMD, and my local
installation of NAMD 2.14 is also reporting the use of psfgen 2.0.
Hopefully that's helpful!
Regards,
Michael Robinson