Re: Volumetric map simulations

From: Vermaas, Josh (vermaasj_at_msu.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 25 2021 - 09:33:17 CDT

Hi Carlo,

What is in the beta column? You are using the occupancy column to determine if the atoms should be coupled to the potential or not. But the "weight" for each atom also matters. For traditional grid forces, when it was being used to apply an electric field, folks would copy the atomic charges to the beta column so that a carbon and hydrogen atom wouldn't feel the same attractive force. MDFF folks will use the mass of the element. The point being, is that your beta column can't be zero, otherwise it doesn't contribute to the gridforce value colvars is depending on. If you just want to count waters, I *think* the correct thing is to have the "noh and water" have a 1 in the beta column. You should then see non-zero values for the colvar.

-Josh