Re: Ambiguity among number of residues as counted in VMD and PyMol for RMSF

From: Mi Yang (drmiyang2019_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 30 2020 - 01:27:03 CST

Dear Peter,
Thanks for your encouraging reply. Please see my tcl script file which I
used to calculate RMSF:
I think comments part is more informative here because in my case psf was
also there:

#calculation of RMSF of CA atom using superposition
#works when pdb and dcd files are preloaded using GUI(no psf #needed)
mol new solvate.psf type psf
mol addfile solvate.pdb type pdb
mol addfile output.dcd type dcd first 0 last -1 step 5 waitfor all
set num_frames [molinfo top get numframes]
set kk [expr $num_frames - 1]
set a [atomselect top "protein and backbone and noh"]
set c [atomselect top "protein and backbone and noh" frame $kk]
 for {set i 0} {$i<$num_frames} {incr i} {
 $a frame $i
 $a move [measure fit $a $c]
 }
set outfile [open "rmsf_CAxx.dat" "w"]
puts $outfile "Residue \t RMSF"
for {set i 0} {$i < [$a num] } {incr i} {
set rmsf [measure rmsf $a first 1 last $kk step 10]
  puts $outfile "[expr {$i+1}] \t [lindex $rmsf $i]"
  }
close $outfile

Regards,
Dr.Mi