Re: NPT then NVT simulation in a single config file for water box?

From: Hemanth Haridas (hemanth.h_at_iitgn.ac.in)
Date: Tue Nov 03 2020 - 00:27:18 CST

Hello Shah,

1. Specifically, I am trying to simulate just a water box. It didn't seem
clear how to create a box of water purely from scratch, so I did it in a
roundabout way - I wrote a pgn script to create a sodium ion, added a
solvation box around it, and then wrote another pgn script to delete the
sodium ion. Not sure if there is a cleaner way to fill a simulation box
with water and nothing else.
*You can generate a pure solution box by using CHARMM-GUI server, which
will create a water box of required dimensions.*

2. I wanted to ask if it is possible to run an NPT simulation for a certain
number of frames and then subsequently an NVT simulation starting from the
coordinates at the end of the NPT part.
*You can run that using restart files generated at the end of the NPT
equilibration run. You must set the first timestep to the last timestep of
your NPT run when you start your NVT run. You will need two config files,
one for NPT and other for NVT.*

--
*Hemanth H 18310019*
Research Scholar