Re: QM atom cannot be fixed in space

From: Alex Balaeff (abalaeff_at_polarisqb.com)
Date: Sat Aug 29 2020 - 09:29:48 CDT

Zhihong:

My suggestion is to harmonically restrain the QM atom rather than to keep
it fixed. If you want to limit the movement of your QM molecule around the
simulation cell, the effect is going to be the same. See
https://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/2.14/ug/node29.html , "Position
restraint"

Also I suggest to keep the QM region PDB and the restraint PDB as two
separate files. Makes it easier to change things if needed (e.g., if you
need to gradually lift the harmonic restraint).

Best,

Alexander.

--
 -----