Re: RAMD seed number

From: Josh Vermaas (joshua.vermaas_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 29 2020 - 17:26:59 CDT

Hi Aashish,

It seeds the (psuedo)random number generator. Computers are bad at making
randomness, so they use deterministic procedures that make random-enough
looking sequences. It doesn't matter what the seed is, and if you aren't
testing our RAMD and want to make sure you are getting reproducible random
kicks. The value is arbitrary, and nobody will fault you for using
123456789.

-Josh