Re: How to restart a FEP simulation

From: Jérôme Hénin (jerome.henin_at_ibpc.fr)
Date: Thu Jun 25 2020 - 07:12:10 CDT

Dear Qasim,

To restart the simulation, you should find the last lambda value that was computed. If it was, for example, 0.7, then the lines at the end of the config file would become:
runFEP         0.7   1.0   0.1      $nSteps

That is, run from lambda=0.7 to 1, in increments of 0.1.

And then you continue with the backwards simulation:
runFEP         1.0   0.0  -0.1      $nSteps

which may also end up split into several NAMD runs.

Best,
Jerome