npt simulation where only one of the dimensions is fixed

From: Oleksii Zdorevskyi (zdorevskyi_at_bitp.kiev.ua)
Date: Wed Jun 24 2020 - 01:29:50 CDT

Hi all,

I need to perform an npt simulation where the system volume can change
only along x and y axes, but must be constant along z direction.

As known from the NAMD manual, there are options useConstantRatio and
useConstantArea that fix either the ratio or the dimensions of the x-y
plane.
In other words, these options allow fluctuations either in one or in three
dimensions.

However, as I mentioned above, for my purposes I need to allow all the
changes along the two dimensions (x and y), but the third one (z axis)
must be fixed.

Could you give me an idea if NAMD does have some options to implement this?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Oleksii