Re: how does NAMD know which residue to (de)couple

From: Qasim Pars (qasimpars_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jun 21 2020 - 23:32:28 CDT

Hi,

Thanks. Let's suppose I want to calculate the solvation free energy of
methane which is the first residue in the decouple.fep file. I am a bit
confused now. Which of the following is true?

1-) For the forward state (0->1) I have to change the values in the beta
column to 1 for the 1st residue in the decouple.fep file. And for the
backward state (1->0) I have to change the values in the beta column to -1
for the 1st residue in the decouple.fep file. The beta values of other
residues will be 0 (zero), right?

2) For both the forward and backward state I have to change the values in
the beta column to 1 for the 1st residue in decouple.fep file. The beta
values of other residues will be 0, right?

Regards,

--
Qasim Pars