Re: NAMD job takes long time to finish 1 ns equilibration

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue May 05 2020 - 17:46:54 CDT

Hi, what did your PI, or the sysadmins of the servers recommend?

For pretty much everyone on this list, it would impossible to help without
knowing:
- The size and type of your system.
- The architecture of the servers/cluster.
- What version and build of NAMD were you using and what commands you used
to select nodes and launch it.
You really need to provide a specific question about something you're stuck
with. There are some non-trivial details about running parallel codes (and
NAMD in particular) that it is fair to ask clarifications on, but you
should try first to do the basic troubleshooting steps yourself and report
them.

Most importantly, although it is not unusual that some PIs send their
advisees straight to the mailing list for advice, it is somewhat perplexing
that despite touting his/her technical ability you still choose to ask
questions here.

Giacomo

--
Giacomo Fiorin
Research collaborator, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD