Re: vmd-l: Re: Is there someway to render protein picture without background color?

From: jiali wang (jialiwangnamd_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 18 2019 - 10:14:28 CDT

Dear John,
Thank you so much for your reply. I am using ubuntu system with VMD 1.93.
I am trying to use TCL console to type the command you provided. it's says:

Info) Rendering current scene to 'alphachannel.png' ...
ERROR) Unrecognized image file extension, writing Targa file.
OptiXDisplayDevice) Total rendering time: 0.19 sec
Info) Rendering complete.

But, I found I can not open the output file. after I change the file type
to TAG, I could open that, but it shows no transparent background effect?
Do you know what happened??
thank you so much for your help!
best regards,
JIali