Re: Constraint failure in rattle algorithm for some atoms, simulation becomes unstable

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 22 2019 - 08:08:24 CDT

Hi Akshay, the trouble with minimization is that it will bring the system
to the closest *local* minimum, which may very well be located right atop a
1000 kcal/mol energy beak.

The standard way is visualizing your initial structure in VMD and checking
those atom numbers up. You can also load the final minimized structure as
a new frame. If there is a poor geometry, that will require going back to
the setup phase to correct the problem.

Giacomo

--
Giacomo Fiorin