Re: Colvar not working in NAMD2.12 Linux version

From: Jérôme Hénin (jerome.henin_at_ibpc.fr)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2019 - 09:32:30 CDT

Dear Mukta,

This is due to the special way NAMD parses its config file, which is both a
set of key-value lines, and a Tcl script. After the first "minimize" or
"run" command, it switches to "Tcl-only" mode which is too late to setup
the Colvars module.

The solution is to move the "colvars on" line to earlier in your script,
before the first "minimize" or "run" command. Then load your Colvars
configuration with "cv configfile <filename>", whenever needed.

Best,
Jerome