RE: making new psf file from .prm and pdb file

From: Vermaas, Joshua (Joshua.Vermaas_at_nrel.gov)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2019 - 21:01:40 CST

Hi Hadi,

With the limited details you provided, and assuming your existing .psf and .pdb are simulatable with the parameters you have, couldn't you just make an atomselection in VMD and write out new files that only have the part of the structure you want to keep? Something like:

set keepsel [atomselect top "not (whatever you'd use to select the bad part)"]
$keepsel writepsf new.psf
$keepsel writepdb new.pdb

-Josh