Re: User force field with FEP?

From: Brian Radak (brian.radak_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2018 - 14:02:12 CST

I would say that there are two kinds of compatibility, which may or may not
serve your purposes:

1) can you run dynamics with the added feature?
2) does NAMD automate free energy computation with the feature?

I think Giacomo is indicating the former, not the latter. The alchOutFile
used with ParseFEP only accounts for electrostatic, van der Waal, and
(optionally) bonded interactions. Any terms not in those classes will be
ignored from the analysis and the results may or may not be meaningful in
the way you expect. Even so, you can almost certainly develop your own
workflow that computes the relevant quantities.

HTH,
BKR