How to add a C code to NAMD properly?

From: Faramarz Joodaki (fjoodaki_at_my.uri.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 23 2018 - 12:58:39 CST

Hi everyone!

I would like to do some calculations on trajectory for each step of a MD
simulation. It is a long MD simulation so saving all steps in dcd file is
impossible.
Hence, I need to add some codes to the source code of NAMD to calculate
some properties during MD simulations (Runtime). I was wondering if there
is a proper way to do that. Actually, I can go inside the source code and
change or add my C code but I am looking for an efficient way to do that
such as linking my code to the source code of NAMD. I would be so grateful
if you could guide me with this matter.

Best Regards,
Faramarz