Re: Problems with temperature control.

From: Josep Ivan Balaguer Molins (jobamo1_at_etsid.upv.es)
Date: Tue Jul 31 2018 - 01:24:58 CDT

Thank you very much Brian. I've turned off the pressure control. And
I've changed the temperature increment from -10 to -0.1 and even to
-0.001:

    run 1000

    for { set TEMP 600 } { $TEMP >= 300 } { incr TEMP -0.1 } {
    reassignTemp $TEMP

    run 1000
    }

reassignFreq 100

In any case I get the warning "low global exclusion count" as you
expected before. And the simulation stops:

ERROR: Constraint failure in RATTLE algorithm for atom 1347!
ERROR: Constraint failure; simulation has become unstable.
ERROR: Constraint failure in RATTLE algorithm for atom 9897!
ERROR: Constraint failure; simulation has become unstable.
ERROR: Constraint failure in RATTLE algorithm for atom 12147!
ERROR: Constraint failure; simulation has become unstable.
ERROR: Constraint failure in RATTLE algorithm for atom 8997!
ERROR: Constraint failure; simulation has become unstable.

I've read this:
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/wiki/index.cgi?NamdTroubleshooting

I've increased the margin from 4 to even 20 without succes. The same
atoms become unestable. I've decreased the reassingFreq but it doesn't
solve the problem either.

Any idea?

Thank you very much.

Ivan