RE: reverting atoms introduced by name into standard PDB ones

From: Vermaas, Joshua (Joshua.Vermaas_at_nrel.gov)
Date: Mon May 14 2018 - 07:55:45 CDT

The same sort or approach I'd imagine. I don't off-hand know what Swiss MODEL expects for the naming convention for the hydrogens, but if you want to make the error go away, you'd need to figure out what it expects for those atoms. However, these warnings might actually not be a problem. It is possible that SWISS-model will just add the missing hydrogens back in, since the hydrogens aren't included in most crystallographic pdbs anyway. The OT1 and OT2 are usually from the carboxy terminus (check with VMD! "name OT1 OT2 will probably get you two atoms at each C-terminus). For modeling purposes, it's also probably ok for those to be deleted during the modeling process.

-Josh