Fwd: FEP & node/core number

From: Francesco Pietra (chiendarret_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon May 07 2018 - 08:19:22 CDT

The puzzle has now been clarified. Despited prolonged equilibration (and
flat RMSD vs frame), FEP 0.0 0.2 0.05, with alchequil 400,000 and numSteps
1,800,000, continued crashing, if not immediately, before 500,000 steps.

The solution was changing to FEP 0.0 0.2 0.02 with alchequil 150,000 and
numSteps 900,000. However, with one node (36 core), in 18hr (out of the
limit 24hr) the simulation only reached lambda 0.1.

As it does not scale beyond one node, while alcheq and/or numSteps should
not be diminished further, I'll ask for a special two-days walltime.

thanks

francesco