Re: Question about "useConstantArea" in puresure control model

From: Brian Radak (brian.radak_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 23 2018 - 07:38:42 CDT

Isn't there also a problem with anisotropy in the PME calculation? That is,
constant pressure may cause translational, rotational, *and volume*
dependence of the potential (since the grid is expanding and contracting
non-uniformly). This is presumably not so bad if the system itself is
anisotropic, but one might reasonably expect that a fairly homogeneous
membrane is in fact isotropic along the surface.