NAMD Simulation in a laptop

From: Denish Poudyal (qrystal45_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun Mar 25 2018 - 20:56:44 CDT

 i thought I could run a 100 ns NAMD simulation in my laptop for a
protein-hormone system containing around 2000 atoms in its pdb
file(4lnx.pdb). But even to run a simulation for four hundred fifty
thousand steps, it has taken almost 4700 minutes. is this normal or its
low? the device has 4 cores with 16 gigs of ram and 4 gigs of gpu(amd). Or
any suggestions to run it faster???And I still am aware that using laptop
for such work isnt advisable but I dont have a choice.

Denish Poudyal
CDPTU, Nepal