Re:

From: JC Gumbart (gumbart_at_physics.gatech.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2018 - 19:13:33 CDT

Better to answer the reviewer directly: why did you use CGenFF for the ligand? Presumably because you used CHARMM36 for the protein and, therefore, it is by far the most natural choice. Mixing OPLS with C36 will be much worse.

A different question is what are the penalties provided by paramchem. If any of them are particularly bad (the file provides a couple thresholds to consider) then you may need to justify why you ignored those penalties (or just not mention them at all).

Best,
JC